Sunday, May 16, 2010

NYC Part Two: Masterworks of New York (and beyond!)


(1)
(2 and 3)
(4)

As you can see from my last post, I went to New York City the past weekend. After La Cage aux Folles, I went to to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and saw the American Woman exhibition. The exhibition showed the evolution of American fashion with beautifully crafted, absolutely stunning articles of clothing (works of art to me.) There were a variety of rooms, all showing different stages of fashion that were popular starting in the late 1800's. Some of my personal favorites were the Bohemian, the Flapper, and the Screen Siren. There was a souvenir shop for the show and I bought this great book. The book includes some of the items in the exhibit and many others from the Brooklyn Museum Costume Collection. From bottom to top the designers of these garments are Charles James (1), Madame Alix Gres (2), Cristobal Balenciaga (3), and Christian Dior(4). If you happen to be in NYC, strolling by the Met, you should definitely take a look at this AMAZING fashion exhibit!

Yours fashionably,
Eve

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing home this beautiful book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how great your FASHIONETC blog is. I get such a pleasure out of reading every post. Keep them coming.
    Your biggest admirer

    ReplyDelete
  3. eve i would tell you how to do the polyvore but my dad had to do some crazy thing to get in on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eve, your trip to NY sounds (and looks) great! Keep the posting coming. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete