Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Style Poll Winners

My "What should be the new trend for the summer?" poll has ended and we have a tie! The winners are Nautical Pieces and Florals. I love both trends and I think that they scream summer. First I'll start with nautical. It is the style of the sea. Navy and white stripes, bold reds, seaside jewelry and high waisted sailor shorts are the articles that make outfits nautical. Little towns with salt in the air and sailboats in the harbors are the home to all things nautical. It's fun to wear these clothes to get in the spirit of seaside places. I have created a Nautical themed Polyvore for you and my own representation of this great summery style.


My nautical Polyvore shows horizontal stripes, a rope bracelet, a patriotic swimsuit, sailor shorts, and well, the list goes on and on!

In my real-life presentation of nautical fashion I'm wearing seahorse sandals, a navy/white striped romper, and a seashell necklace.

Now I will go on to the next poll winner-floral! Floral is one of my favorite patterns ever! Whether it is your shoes or your headband in bloom, this spring/summery style is great. I love a belted floral dress paired with a light cardigan and summer sandals. Or even floral ankle boots worn with jean leggings and a tank. For summer, a straw sunhat with floral accents is great when you are out in the sun. For Summer 2010, I'd like my wardrobe to be "blooming" with this pretty pattern. I have done a floral Polyvore creation and a real-life representation.


For my floral Polyvore I included cute shorts, some floral sun dresses, high heeled clogs, nice purses, two bikinis, and many accessories.

In my floral outfit I am wearing floral booties, a liberty floral print skirt, a button down white tank, and a yellow flower headband.



I hope you enjoyed this post and the many others I have written. This weekend I will be leaving for sleep away camp for almost a month and I won't be able to post until I get back. I will be back to Fashion Etc. at the end of July. Until then, I advise you to mix it up with your summer style. Never be afraid to start new trends!

Yours fashionably,
Eve

2 comments:

  1. I am so going to miss your blog. As usual your newest one was just great. I loved the floral and the nautical styles you showcased.
    Can't wait until your return at the end of July. Fashion Etc. will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll miss your blog, but have a GREAT time at camp!

    ReplyDelete